Beaconstac or Blinq: Which Digital Business Card Solution is Worth Your Investment?
Beaconstac and Blinq are the two most popular digital business card solutions in the market.
"This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure for more information."
As more individuals and businesses shift to digital business cards, the reasons for their popularity are clear:
They are easy to share
Are quickly scalable
Comes with analytics for data tracking
Creation to distribution—everything happens in real time
Generates first-party data
In this comparison, we'll explore the strengths and weaknesses of both the digital business card services. We shall consider features such as unique offerings, pricing, and customer service.
Whether you've used Beaconstac or are open to alternatives like Blinq, this guide will help you make an informed decision. Discover which digital business card solution is the best choice for you.
Essential and Must-Have Features to compare Beaconstac vs. Blinq: A Detailed Comparison
Before I compare both the solutions, let me first introduce some of the features you should look out for in any digital business cards solution.
Based on these features, we will conclude which digital business card provides the best value:
Bulk creation refers to the ability to generate a number of digital business cards with one click for your organization or team members.
Both Beaconstac and Blinq offer this feature that allows users to create multiple digital business cards in one go.
However, there are some differences in the implementation and capabilities of bulk creation between Beaconstac and Blinq.
Following table/points provides a comparison of the features offered by Beaconstac and Blinq for bulk creation:
- Enterprise-ready solution
- Robust bulk card management capabilities
- Centralized creation and management of digital business cards
- Ideal for organizations with a sizable workforce or specific campaigns/events
- Comprehensive tools for managing and customizing cards in bulk
- Great choice for businesses with hundreds or thousands of digital business cards
- Emphasis on flexibility and scalability of card creation
- Business plan designed for larger deployments
- Ability to create an unlimited number of digital business cards
- Beneficial for businesses with varying card requirements
- Scalability and management of a large number of cards within the platform
This is probably the most important feature of any digital business card provider.
In case you have any issues with your digital business cards, then you must be able to reach out to customer support and get the help you need quickly.
Both Beaconstac and Blinq prioritize customer support and offer various channels to assist users.
- Provides email and live chat support 24/7, along with a
- Offers a comprehensive knowledge base
- Strives to quickly respond to user questions and provide satisfactory assistance
- Is rated 9.5 rating on G2 for the quality of their support (the average rating for other QR Code Makers is 9.1)
- Some of it’s paid plans offer a dedicated customer success manager to assist organizations at all times
Even though Beaconstac’s interface is easier and faster to use than any of its competitors, the support provided by Beaconstac before, during, and after purchase is unparalleled.
Blinq, on the other hand offers email support and a help center with documentation. Live chat support availability is not explicitly mentioned on their website. Blinq focuses on providing timely assistance to users but isn't available 24/7.
When it comes to customization options, both platforms offer it for their digital business cards.
Users can personalize the design, layout, and content of their cards to reflect their brand and personal preferences. Beaconstac offers templates to choose from.
Beaconstac and Blinq empower users to create visually appealing and unique digital cards that leave a lasting impression on the recipient.
If you are looking for a digital business card that stands out from the crowd, then customization options should be one of your top priorities—and both does a good job here.
Beaconstac excels in this capability, thanks to card scan analytics.
Users can track individual, as well as bulk card views, scans, and interactions, among other data with their digital business cards. Users can use these data points to measure networking effectiveness and monitor card performance.
Beaconstac also offers card scan analytics based on:
- Location (permission-based)
- Time of the day
- Type of device used to scan
- OS of the device used to scan
In contrast, Blinq focuses more on individual card interactions in its analytics features.
Users can track recipients and their card viewing activity, but the platform lacks specific card scan analytics. Consequently, Blinq users may have limited visibility into the frequency of card scans and the overall impact of their digital business cards.
Beaconstac offers a broader range of shareability when compared with Blinq.
With Beaconstac, users can share their digital business cards through online and offline channels such as:
- Apple or Google Wallet pass
- Email signature
- QR Code
Different options to scan the digital business cards mean more options for recipients to access it.
Speaking of Blinq's shareability, it is primarily limited to via QR Codes, URLs, or email signatures. While this allows for easy access and storage of digital business cards on mobile devices, two options may restrict the reach of the cards to recipients using these specific platforms.
Beaconstac is designed to cater to teams. Hence, it offers scalability features to accommodate a large number of digital business cards and its users.
It also provides direct integration with Microsoft Azure AD for seamless user management and authentication.
With multi-user management, over 5,000 CRM and HRMS tool integrations, and API access, Beaconstac offers excellent scalability options for businesses of all sizes.
Blinq can handle a reasonable number of users and digital business cards, but it may not be as well-equipped for large-scale operations or rapid growth.
Beaconstac is committed to ensuring the protection of user data with a range of robust, and industry-leading security features.
The platform holds SOC 2 Type 2 certification, the only QR Code generation platform to have this measure. This demonstrates its strict security and privacy standards.
Beaconstac is also GDPR compliant, which means it is aligned with personal data protection guidelines for European Union (EU) residents.
It also offers multi-factor authentication that adds an extra layer of security to user accounts. Additionally, Beaconstac offers URL-based phishing detection to mitigate the risk of phishing attacks. Other security features include:
- SSO (Single Sign-On) login for enhanced authentication
- Custom-domain support for branding
- Data encryption to safeguard sensitive information
- Password protection for digital business cards
In comparison, Blinq provides essential security measures such as multi-factor authentication, SSO login, and data encryption. However, it does not explicitly mention certifications like SOC 2 Type 2 or GDPR compliance.
Integrations, Retargeting, and API Comparison
Integrations, retargeting and API capabilities play a crucial role in enhancing the functionality and versatility of each platform.
When comparing both digital business cards, Beaconstac comes out as a prominent winner in this regard.
With its extensive lineup of integrations, Beaconstac mingles harmoniously with Microsoft Azure Active Directory. This integration enables smooth user management and authentication.
With Zapier in its corner, Beaconstac becomes a powerhouse that connects seamlessly with over 3,000 apps. This opens the door to endless task automations, dramatically expanding the platform's capabilities—without any coding.
In contrast, Blinq's integration prowess revolves primarily around Zapier only. While Zapier provides connections to numerous apps, Blinq's integration offerings may be more limited than Beaconstac.
Blinq users can enjoy the convenience of automating workflows and enhancing productivity. Still, the absence of other CRM integrations and native retargeting capabilities may put Blinq a bit behind.
However, it's worth noting that Blinq's simplicity and focus on Zapier integration can still bring significant value to users seeking streamlined workflows and task automation.
When it comes to retargeting, Beaconstac integrates with Facebook Pixel and Google Ads. As a result, users can reach back to their audience who have scanned a digital business card, but did not convert.
With robust API access, developers can shape Beaconstac to fit their unique needs and aspirations.
Suppose there is a retail store that wants to enhance its customer experience by utilizing proximity marketing and location-based notifications. They decide to use Beaconstac, a platform that provides beacon management and proximity marketing solutions.
With API access to Beaconstac, developers can take the lead and integrate the platform's functionalities into a custom mobile application specifically tailored for the retail store. They can shape Beaconstac's features to match the unique needs and aspirations of the retail store and its customers.
That said, developers can utilize Beaconstac's APIs to:
- Register and configure the beacons, set their proximity ranges, and assign unique identifiers to each beacon.
- Design a notification system that delivers targeted messages to customers based on their location within the store. For instance, when a customer approaches a specific aisle, they can receive notifications about ongoing promotions or related products.
- Collect data on customer interactions and behavior within the store. This data can be used to generate insights on customer preferences, popular store sections, and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
Remember, the right integrations can be the key to unlocking the full potential of your digital business cards.
Consider your specific needs and aspirations, and choose the platform that offers the integration and functionality that best aligns with your goals.
Exclusive Features Comparison
Both Beaconstac and Blinq offer exclusive features that add value to the digital business card experience.
Beaconstac offers its users the ability to personalize QR Code design on their business cards; bulk-create upto 2000 cards in 2 minutes; HR tools and CRM integrations and other bulk manage capabilities.
Blinq focuses on convenience and efficiency. Its features include quick card loading and sharing, as well as a unified dashboard for managing all cards. Users will also be able to utilize synchronization between digital and physical cards, personalized NFC card designs, and automatic contact logging.
The exclusive features of both platforms cater to different user preferences. Beaconstac's customization options and contact management tools are valuable for businesses and individuals aiming to efficiently handle a large network.
On the other hand, Blinq's emphasis on simplicity, quick sharing, and physical card synchronization suit users seeking a straightforward and efficient networking solution.
Ultimately, the value of these exclusive features depends on individual needs. Make sure to consider personal priorities and desired functionalities so that you choose the platform that aligns best with your goals and networking requirements.
Beaconstac vs Blinq: Pricing Comparison
Beaconstac and Blinq offer different pricing plans to cater to various user needs and budgets. Here is a breakdown of their pricing plans:
Beaconstac offers a wider range of pricing plans to accommodate different team sizes and business needs, ranging from individual use to enterprise-level solutions.
- Starter ($8/month billed annually)
- Suitable for individuals starting with minimal QR code and business card needs.
- Includes 1 digital business card.
- Ideal for personal use or solo entrepreneurs.
- Lite ($15/month billed annually)
- Designed for micro teams of 2 to 4 people.
- Allows up to 50 digital business cards.
- Offers more capacity for small teams.
- Pro ($49/month billed annually)
- A popular option for small teams of around 10 people.
- Provides up to 250 digital business cards.
- Offers greater scalability and flexibility.
- Plus ($99/month billed annually)
- Tailored for midsize teams ranging from 50 to 250 people.
- Provides additional features and capacity for larger teams.
- Suitable for businesses with a growing network.
- Enterprise (Custom pricing)
- Specifically designed for large teams.
- Offers unlimited digital business cards.
- Customized pricing based on specific requirements.
Blinq has a more simplified pricing structure with options for free and paid plans.
- Free ($0/month)
- Allows up to 2 different digital business cards.
- Best suited for individuals with basic needs and limited usage.
- Premium ($3.99/month)
- 7-day free trial available.
- Offers up to 5 different digital business cards.
- Provides more variety and flexibility for personal or professional use.
- Business ($3.99/card/month)
- 30-day free trial available.
- Requires a minimum of 3 cards.
- Offers unlimited digital business cards.
- Suited for businesses that require a large number of cards.
- Enterprise (Custom pricing)
- Suitable for bulk card creation and specific enterprise needs.
- Pricing is customized based on individual requirements.
So, Which is Worthy of Your Investments? Beaconstac or Blinq?
As the world moves towards digital business cards, it is essential to select a solution that suits your specific needs and objectives. Beaconstac and Blinq both offer distinct advantages in this realm.
However, Beaconstac shines with its customizable options, seamless CRM integrations, and excellent security compliance. These features make Beaconstac an excellent investment for businesses focusing on branding and efficient data management.
On the other side, Blinq prioritizes simplicity, swift sharing, and the convenience of physical card synchronization. These features cater to individuals and smaller teams seeking streamlined interactions.
Ultimately, the decision between Beaconstac and Blinq depends on your unique preferences and requirements. Make sure to determine your needs beforehand to find the perfect digital business card solution that elevates your professional networking game.