Digital business cards are the future, but adding a QR code on a business card is the present for exchanging contact information!
QR codes on business cards make it easy for people to connect with you. All they need is a smartphone, and they can scan your code to get all of your contact information.
You won’t have to fumble through business cards anymore trying to find someone’s phone number or email address. With a QR code, all that information will be at their fingertips.
Plus, you can add other essential details like your website, social media profiles, or resume!
If you do not have QR codes on your business cards, you should get started by creating your QR code on one of the best business card makers in the market.
Let’s do this.
What are QR Codes, and how to make them?
What are QR codes, and how do they work
QR codes are a type of barcodes but a lot more rich and specific and store unique information; you can use QR scanners, smartphone cameras, and other devices to read these codes.
In other words, QR codes store information that can be quickly read and decoded.
Everyday more and more people are using QR codes business cards because they are convinient.
How to make a QR code to add to a business card?
There are multiple ways to make a QR code. The easiest way is to generate a random code on a quality business card QR code generator
Another option is to create a customized one on a business card creator app online
There are many QR code generators available online, such as :
Once you have found a QR code generator that suits your needs, follow the instructions on the website to create your QR code, or if you are more interested in a wholly digital business card, follow my guide to choosing the best app based on your needs. For example, best QR code business card
How to add QR code for business card free
Once you have your QR code, you can add it to your business card in one of two ways.
The first way is to print out the QR code on a separate sheet of paper and then glue or tape it onto your business card.
You can also upload the QR code image file to an online printing service and have them print QR codes on your business cards.
In other words, this is what I recommended as it will ensure that the QR code is printed correctly and at the correct size.
How can QR codes be used to promote a business
You can use QR codes to promote yourself or your business in many ways.
For example, you can use the QR code on your business card to give people quick and easy access to your website, social media profiles, or even your latest promotional video.
Make contests and giveaways that people can access with QR codes.
What are some things to consider when adding a QR code on a business card
- Some things you may want to consider when adding a QR code to your business card include: The size qr code on business card size. QR codes can be as small as 1 cm x 1 cm. however, it is recommended that the QR code is at least 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm so that people can quickly scan it.
- The color of the QR code: QR codes can be any color; UI Designers recommend using a dark color (such as black) on a light background (such as white) for optimal scanning
- The placement of the QR code: Place the QR code in an area of the business card with plenty of white space around it so people can quickly scan it. Also, avoid placing QR codes too close to the edge of the business card
- The type of QR code: There are two main types of QR codes
- Static QR Code: A static QR code is a QR code that does not change or update. It is a fixed QR code that contains the same information every time it is scanned.
- Dynamic QR codes: A QR code is said to be dynamic if you can edit the code after you generate it. In other words, if necessary, you can change the information you encoded in the QR code, such as your website URL.
- Add a logo to you QR code: There are a few reasons why you should add a logo to your QR code:
- A logo can help people to quickly and easily identify your brand.
- A QR code with a logo looks more professional and polished than a QR code without a logo.
- A QR code with a logo is more memorable than a QR code without a logo.
- Overall, adding a logo to your QR code is a good idea because it can help people to identify your brand and make your QR code more memorable. However, you should still ensure that your QR code is readable and contains the correct information before you print it out or share it with others.
How to test if QR code is working properly
Time to test if your QR code is working correctly.
The first way is to use a QR code scanner (such as QR Code Reader or QR Scanner) to scan the QR code and see if it brings up the correct information.
Another way to test QR codes is to use an online QR code checker, such as QR Code Check or QR Code Tester. These websites will scan the QR code and tell you if there are any errors.
How can businesses make the most of QR codes
As a professional or business, you make the most out of QR codes by:
- Using QR codes to guide people to your website: You can use QR codes to route people to your site or tube channels to learn more about your business or products/services.
- Use QR codes to promote special offers: You can use QR codes to encourage unique products or offers, such as discounts or coupons. In this way, you encourage people to visit your business or make a purchase.
- Use QR codes to enter people into contests: You can use QR codes to enter people into contests or giveaways. People love free stuff.
- Use QR codes to talk/chat with customers: You can use QR codes to link it to your WhatsApp, tree link, email address, or phone number. Chats and emails are a great way to connect directly with your customers or leads.
Does using QR codes on a business card has any risks?
QR codes in cards are a quick and easy way to exchange information. However, there are certain risks associated when using QR codes, such as:
- Since many devices can scan QR codes, anyone can access your contact information, even the people you dont want to.
- If you use a QR code generator to create your QR code, make sure you trust the website. Some QR code generators may insert malicious content into your QR code. Mover, anyone that scans this code can is at risk.
- You can track your location with QR Codes. If you use a QR code to share your location with someone, they can see your approximate location.
QR codes on business cards provide an easy way for people to access you
Also, QR codes on a business card can make it easier for potential customers to learn more about you and what the products or services you have to offer.
In short, QR codes are versatile tools you can use in various ways to promote your business.
They are quick and easy to use; anyone can read them with a QR scanner or smartphone and store a lot of information in a small space.
- How to create a Digital Business Card
- Best Digital Business Cards Creator
- Best AR Digital Business Cards
What type of information can be stored in a QR code?
QR codes can store various types of information, such as:
Is It Worth the Hassle to Put a QR Code on a Business Card?
Yes, QR codes are definitely worth the hassle to put on a business card! QR codes are a great way to promote your business and make it easy for potential customers to learn more about what you have to offer.